March 25th is International Waffle Day! Next to the bars of 3Action and the energy gels from Maurten, the riders of Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux are treated by the paramedical staff to fresh rice cakes, bread pudding and… sports waffles for their training sessions and races! The recipes were carefully created by sports dietician Jana Camphens and tested and approved by the riders. Of course, she made fresh sports waffles on this International Waffle Day to provide the riders with energy during Friday’s E3 Classic. Jana Camphens shares her recipe with all fans of Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux. Can you discover the secret ingredient? Enjoy!
Ingredients (10 waffles):
– 125g oats
– 3 eggs
– 125g apple sauce
– 1el honey
– 250ml semi skimmed milk
– 75g sugar
– 1 kl baking soda
– 145g flour
– Mix the oats with a blender or mixer.
– Separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
– Whisk the egg whites.
– Mix the apple sauce with oats, honey, milk, oil, sugar and baking soda.
– Sift the flour and mix it through the batter.
– Spoon in the egg whites through the batter.
– Grease the waffle iron.
– Bake the waffles during 2-3 min.
Nutritional value (for 1 waffle):